Subject: Back on track...
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 1996 10:06:57 +0200

Hy there all U A(-okey)mos folks,

As of today I'm back on-line (from a holiday break) and continuing 
the Amos projects. Hope all of U had a good time to !

About the Amos (Raw) sampling method 

> By Keith Hill
>
> You missed a bit..  The port must be in input mode, so before doing that do
> a poke $bfe301,255 (or is it poke $bfe301,0 ??)  The poke is a bit pattern
> based on what bits you want for output and input.

In one of my current projects VMA (the Visual Music Application) I used the
adres for audio polling, I'm using this without initialising the sampler for
in- or output. Input could be the default setting though.

I thought that there was an 128 byte buffer starting from ($BFE100) with
sampler data, are U sure that the input buffer is only 1 byte large ?
Polling using this 1 byte input value works fine on clean audio signals,
Amos however is not as fast as it should be so the polling does not (yet !)
match the sampling rates of a conventional noise-gate.

Has anyone got some more info on the use of the parallel port for audio sampling
using Amos, if so lemeseesoon pleeease.

Greetz, Mike....
         _______________________________________________________________
        /      Increased Development              AVC Enterprises       \
       /                      Michael D.P. de Clerck                     \
      /                                                                   \
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
     |	SW products                                                        |
     |                                                                     |
     |	HBoot2.01	Boot utilitie	    Aminet:util/boot	Freeware   | 
     |	HLink2.00	Serial shellutil    Aminet:util/cli	Freeware   |
     |	VMA1.04	DEMO	RT Graphic effects    <<<   Soon available  >>>    |
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------